Back to top

Where to Find Help?

Shelter space is reserved for Ramsey County families with minor children. To determine eligibility, call the United Way at 651-291-0211.

For those experiencing domestic violence, Day One Services may be able to help find a safe place for families while fleeing abuse. Call Day One Services at 1-866-223-1111.

Families who are sleeping in a place not meant for human habilitation (streets, car, camping, public transit, etc.) or staying at a domestic violence shelter and are looking for supportive housing can call 651-215-2262.

Space for Ramsey County homeless family emergency shelter is limited and beds are not immediately available. Completing an intake with Ramsey County shelter staff is the only way to be placed on the shelter waitlist.

All intakes are completed at:
Woodland Hills Church
1740 Van Dyke Street, Maplewood, MN 55109

For more information about Ramsey County Coordinated Access to Housing and Shelter click here.

Single adults who are 25 years or older and seeking immediate shelter can call the Dorothy Day Center at 651-647-2350.

Single adults who are 25 years or older, currently experiencing homelessness and not staying in a shelter, will need to complete a housing assessment to determine long-term housing options. Contact a Dorothy Day housing assessor at 651-647-2350. 

Youth (anyone age 24 or younger) can connect with a variety of resources by visiting the Youth Services Network website, or by downloading the Youth Services Network (YSN) App for free.

Youth who need emergency help with food, clothing or finding a place to stay can call Safe Zone at 651-244-9644 or visit SafeZone's Drop-In Center for Homeless Youth, 130 East 7th Street, Saint Paul, MN 55101. 

Youth between the ages of 16-24 who are currently homeless but not staying in a shelter can find out if they are eligible for supportive housing options by meeting with a StreetWorks Outreach Worker to complete a housing assessment.

StreetWorks Outreach Workers are available at the following locations, days and times: 

  • Tuesdays, 10 a.m. - 1 p.m., Rezek Drop-in, 501 North Asbury Street, Saint Paul, MN 55104 
  • Wednesdays, 3:30 p.m. - 6 p.m., InProgress, 213 Front Avenue, Saint Paul, MN 55117
  • Saturdays, 12 p.m.  - 4 p.m., Neighborhood House, 179 Robie Street East, Saint Paul, MN 55108
  • Sundays, 10 a.m. - 6 p.m., Beverley A. Benjamin Youth Lodge, 1212 Raymond Avenue, Saint Paul, MN 55108

Parenting Youth 18-24

Connect with Coordinated Entry for Families in Ramsey County by calling 651-291-0211 or 651-215-2262. If you are staying in a shelter, let your shelter staff know that you are interested in completing a Coordinated Entry housing assessment

For Immediate Help

Call The Bridge for Youth's 24-hour hotline  - 612-377-8800 or Txt4 Help 612-400-SAFE 

The Bridge for Youth
1111 W. 22nd St.
Minneapolis, MN 55405



Any veteran in need of housing assistance or resources can contact Ramsey County's Veterans Services at 651-266-2545.

Veterans are also invited to visit the county Veterans Assistance office at 90 Plato Blvd. W, Saint Paul, MN 55107.

Find more information about available services on the Veterans Assistance web page.


If you are experiencing homelessness or are at risk of homelessness, please contact Hennepin County Human Services at 612-348-4111.

To learn more about getting help in Hennepin County click here.

FHPAP funds is an on-going grant that Ramsey County receives through Minnesota Housing Finance Agency (MHFA) to fund four different service models: street outreach, prevention assistance, homeless assistance, and transitional housing/rapid rehousing.  FHPAP funds target single adults, youth ages 24 and younger, and/or families that are at risk of homelessness or already experiencing homelessness.


Please click on the link below to obtain a contact list of the currently funded FHPAP Providers in Ramsey County: